When I first introduced my task to the world I mentioned that there were a few things that I wanted to tackle in future releases. Here is a bit of a referesher for those of you who missed my earlier post.
- Write automated unit tests using csUnit.
- Write automated build script to run unit tests and build a release.
- Improve API documentation for the source code using XML comments.
- Make the NAnt output look prettier.
I am now pleased to annouce that in the 220.127.116.11 drop I have started to address the first two items in that list. There are now a bunch of unit tests in the NotGartner.Build.Tasks.Tests project to excercise the task and weed out any problems with future modifications/enhancements I make. The act of writing the unit tests actually uncovered a number of bugs which are now fixed.
- When input validation failed, clean-up of temporary files still occured causing an exception, masking the underlying exception that was raise as a result of invalid arguments.
- Test summary output failed when tests passed (can you believe I missed this!).
Both of these errors resulted in me not running a full suite of tests as the task evolved, so things slipped through the cracks. Anyway, give this drop a crack!