For the past few months I have been using BlogJet to update my blog and it has just been updated. One of the new features is the ability to make a post to multiple categories, the old version didn’t do this so if I wanted to do that I needed to bring up the browser an log into the Admin section of the awesome .Text software.
There are two other features that I like about BlogJet.
- BlogJet adds a toolbar icon to Internet Explorer that allows me to create a blog entry about the current URL.
- When entering a URL into BlogJet,it pre-populates the field with http://, however, if I paste a URL from the clipboard that already includes the http://, then I don’t end up with http://http://, thats smart!
BlogJet is still not perfect (what software is?). Here are some features that I would like to see in future versions of BlogJet.
- A “BlogJet This!” button in Outlook.
- Integration with nGallery and the .Text gallery to allow browsing and insertion of images (two-way).
- SmartTag-like technology to pick up things like “this post” and give you a browse button to go and look at all the posts that NewsGator has downloaded.
Come to think of it, I think that BlogJet and NewsGator should get together. I just love it how I can define two organisations business strategy in one sitting . . .
There is also the odd bug in BlogJet, for example, if I put some XML tags in the header of my message it doesn’t escape them for me. The only place I don’t want to escape what I code is in the code window. Overall its a great FREE tool.
I’m going to wind this up now because I am going to take my little princess for a swim at the local pool.