So last year, at the end of 2006, I posted up my goals for 2007, and towards the end of 2007, I posted up a review of how I went with those goals. This year I’m going to take a similar approach to setting my goals where I evaluate my one, two, five, ten and twenty year vision.
With that in mind here are my goals for this coming year:
- Personal Goals
- Goal: Strengthen my bond with Bella.
- Action: Spend more time with Bella.
- Action: Get involved in some kind of regular social activity.
- Goal: Have fun and get fit.
- Action: Get back into Scuba diving.
- Action: Get into doing something at the beach, like kite surfing, or kayaking.
- Goal: Embrace my inner nomad.
- Action: When I travel overseas, take time to explore.
- Action: Don’t worry about “moving”, just worry about spending time where you want to spend time.
- Career Goals
- Goal: Keep Readify the place I want to work.
- Action: Fight any potential bozo leaks.
- Action: Help others in the company achieve things.
- Action: Help find the interesting gigs.
- Goal: Start building my venture team.
- Action: Figure out what the positions on the team are.
- Action: Find people to fill those positions.
- Action: Evaluate venture ideas.
- Action: Execute on one new venture idea.
- Financial Goals
- Goal: Remain debt free (other than short term debt).
- Action: Pay off my new car quickly.
- Action: Don’t over spend on my credit card.
- Goal: Get into home ownership.
- Action: Decide what and where to buy.
- Action: Save the deposit.
- Action: Jump in feet first.
Some of that might sound pretty cryptic, but it makes sense to me. Obviously I don’t want to lock myself in too much on HOW I am going to achieve these things, but I’ve got a few ideas.