A few folks around the extended .NET developer community would have realised that some common community mailing lists went offline Friday last week. The mailing lists and sites affected were:
- Sydney .NET User Group (www.sdnug.org)
- OzMoss Site & Mailing List (www.ozmoss.com)
- OzSilverlight Mailing List (mail archive)
- OzTFS Site & Mailing List (www.oztfs.com)
- Melbourne .NET User Group Site (old site)
- SQL Down Under Mailing List (www.sqldownunder.com)
- Some Private Lists
Fortunately we had a spare server in the cupboard that we could just rip and replace the power supply but the whole episode has made me think that I need to move this facility into a more manageable environment. At this stage I am thinking of doing a P2V migration and putting on one of our Hyper-V hosts.
Anyway – thanks to all the community leaders for being so patient, I’m sorry it too all of a week to get it back up and running. We were caught with our pants down on this one.